Since it was just a few months ago that I used pictures to share our time in San Francisco, I thought I’d take a different approach for this month’s trip. Here’s a little film for you (with music for anyone at work):
We had a really nice time in San Francisco this past weekend. Really nice. Even though Sean was there to attend and be part of a conference it was still so nice. I think it helped that Sean was very successful in his speaking roles, and, honestly, that we went off itinerary and had a very slow-paced time. We were supposed to see the Fortune Cookie Factory, the Cable Car Museum, the Exploratorium, Lombard Street, and the Japanese Tea Garden together. We ended up seeing race 12 of the America’s Cup, visiting Lombard Street very briefly, and, because of some unexpected rain, playing Words with Friends over wine in the Ferry Building. So definitely a much different trip than planned.
Some of the highlights from this film:
- Watching America’s Cup the first day (recap here)
- Snacking on cheddar bacon chive popcorn in our hotel’s bar (so many of Sean’s favorite things in one snack!)
- Sean being able to sneak away from his conference to have lunch with me on Friday. He looks so snazzy in his suit! Let’s also talk about the pizza he ordered. Summer vegetable compote of peppers, eggplant, tomato, and zucchini topped with capers, squash blossoms, and burrata. Yes, HE, my husband, Sean, the man whose typical order from Dominos includes three different kinds of meat, three different kinds of cheese, olives, tomatoes, onion, the whole kitchen sink, ordered this pizza. On his own. Turned out to be completely delicious and he ate almost all of it. He won’t go so far to say it was the best pizza of his life, but it was up there and he was very happy
- Me taking a tour of Alcatraz Friday afternoon. I love history and stories and thought this was one of the best things to do in San Francisco (as long as you take advantage of the cell block audio tour), but wish I had taken the website’s advance and alloted more time
- At the recommendation of our waitress on Friday, finding a great speakeasy/jazz club to end our night
- Playing Words with Friends in the Ferry Building during the unexpected down pour Saturday morning
- Lunching at The Slanted Door on Saturday
Enjoy and happy Friday!