Wes is 1 month as of Sunday! Happy 1 month, sweet baby! Today was our 1 month well visit and Wes is just that. Very well!
Wes currently likes:
- His hands! He likes nibbling on them, he likes grabbing our pinkies while eating, he likes shoving them in his mouth at the exact same time you’re trying to give him a bottle, and he likes placing them on the bottle as if helping to get the food to his mouth more quickly. He likes them so much that they can’t be contained by any kind of swaddle. Seriously, not even the velcro of sleep sacks. The grunting and velcro sounds that used to come in through the monitor at night while he made his escape attempts! We’ve given up on hands-in swaddling and everyone is much happier.
- Cuddles, of course.
- The ceiling fan, and anything else with a big contrast of colors like the curtains.
- Time spent in the Ergobaby.
Wes currently dislikes:
- Diaper changes, especially when they interrupt naps or happen in the middle of the night. You can’t really blame him for that.
- Baths. Sadly.
- Tummy time, often. But this might be his mama’s fault for getting the timing of tummy time wrong often. I will say angry tummy time is pretty effective for working those muscles.
And here’s a giant photo bump of pictures from Wes’s first month:
Thanks for indulging me! That is indeed a lot of my baby all at once!